Artistic expression is essential to the Willamette View culture in a way that distinguishes us from other senior living communities. A full range of creative programs and spaces are available and supported throughout the campus, attracting lifelong and professional artists to move here. In addition, many other residents have begun or revived artistic pursuits in our onsite artworks studio and woodworking shops.
artworks at Willamette View
- A drop-in, staffed, community art studio for beginners and accomplished artists alike. A monthly calendar and newsletter highlight current offerings, which can include:
- Open studio for working in ceramics, fused glass, fiber arts, drawing, painting, mono-printing, collage, bookmaking, jewelry and much more.
- Demonstrations, workshops and lectures led by residents, staff and guest artists.
- Organized off-campus trips to galleries, classes and art fairs.
- Intergenerational opportunities; family and friends are also invited to participate with residents.
Featured: Dan Rego
Connect and Create
Learn something new, pursue a solo talent or connect with others who share your interests. Offerings can include:
- Jazz Up – jazz ensemble featuring Willamette View residents.
- Willamette View Chorus – 40 voices with a professional director.
- Scribblers – a writing group.
- The Blue Heron Players – resident-actors who perform plays for the community.
- Two woodworking shops.
- Five galleries that exhibit resident work on a rotating basis.
Featured: Dale Harris, Ken Bates, Dan Merrell; Junpei Sekino; Klaus Mahr
Up next in